The Danish restaurant Noma took the title of World's Best Restaurant to "El Celler de Can Roca" in Girona, Spain, a restaurant that showed it during 2013 after several years in the top five of the ranking produced by the British magazine "Restaurant Magazine ".
The result has been known in a gala at the London Guildhall building and has meant the loss of the first position by the Spanish restaurant, which last year was ranked number 1 for the first time; in 2011 and 2012 had already been located in second place and just like this time, the first post was for René Redzepi of Danish restaurant, Noma.
Well, the truth is that the new list has surprised some, nor the Celler de Can Roca validates her title or Italian Osteria Francescana, which was another favorite, manages to win the first place, has been appointed to Restaurant Noma , World's Best Restaurant 2014. Gone is the thorn for failing to last year again lead the list, remember that a couple of months before the results in the Noma restaurant more than 60 people were poisoned by a norovirus, which for some was the because it failed to repeat at the top of the podium.
El Celler de Can Roca, which also has three Michelin stars since 2009, has competed with other restaurants of high gastronomic level for the second position in the world rankings, as determined by the feedback of 900 international experts.
Here is the complete list of top 50 restaurants in the world:
- Noma Copenhagen, Denmark
- El Celler de Can Roca Girona, Spain
- Osteria Francescana Modena, Italy
- Eleven Madison Park New York, USA
- Dinner by Heston Blumenthal London, UK
- Mugaritz San Sebastián, Spain
- D.O.M. São Paulo, Brazil
- Arzak San Sebastián, Spain
- Alinea Chicago, USA
- The Ledbury London, UK
- Mirazur Menton, France
- Vendôme Bergisch Gladbach, Germany
- NahmBangkok, Thailand
- Narisawa Tokyo, Japan
- Central Lima, Peru.
- Steirereck Vienna, Austria
- Gaggan Bangkok, Thailand
- Astrid y Gastón Lima, Peru
- Fäviken Järpen, Sweden
- Pujol Mexico City, Mexico
- Le Bernardin New York, USA
- Vila Joya Albufeira, Portugal
- Restaurant Frantzén Stockholm, Sweden
- Amber Hong Kong, China
- L’Arpège Paris, France
- Azurmendi Larrabetzu, Spain
- Le Chateaubriand Paris, France
- Aqua Wolfsburg, Germany
- De LibrijeZwolle, Netherlands
- Per Se New York, USA
- L’Atelier SG de Joël Robuchon Paris, France
- Attica Melbourne, Australia
- Nihonryori Ryu Gin Tokyo, Japan
- Asador Etxebarri Atxondo, Spain
- Martín Berasategui Lasarte-Oria, Spain
- Mani São Paulo, Brazil
- Restaurant André, Singapore
- L’Astrance Paris, France
- Piazza Duomo Alba, Italy
- Daniel New York, USA
- Quique Dacosta Dénia, Spain
- Geranium Copenhagen, Denmark
- Schloss Schauenstein Fürstenau, Switzerland
- The French Laundry Yountville, USA
- HofVan Cleve Kruishoutem, Belgium
- Le Calandre Rubano, Italy
- The Fat DuckBray, UK
- The Test Kitchen Cape Town, South Africa
- Coi San Francisco, USA
- Waku Ghin, Singapore
Besides the announcement of the list of the 50 Best Restaurants in the World 2014, we should mention other awards that have been granted, remember that it has been considered as Best Female Chef World Veuve Clicquot Brazilian chef Helena Rizzo's Restaurant Mani, remember that also managed to win the award for Best Female Chef of Latin America last year. The chef Fergus Henderson head of St John Restaurant London restaurant has received the Diners Club Award for his work at 2014, an award that recognizes his work and career for over 20 years, raising and extolling British cuisine.
We also congratulate Jordi Roca which has received the award for Best Pastry Chef of the World, sponsored by Cocoa Barry®.
It never rains to everyone's taste, some people will agree with the results and the selection criteria used, and who considered that the selection criterion is not impartial and that the rules are not well structured. Turn now to congratulate the restaurant Noma by being crowned Best Restaurant in the World 2014.
The world's 50 best
Gastronomia & Cia